PISE Fall 2020 COVID-19 Protocol
PISE Fall 2020 COVID-19 PROTOCOL
For your safety we are following BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC guidelines, so things look a little different but are still safe, friendly and fun. We will continue to approach this new process of functioning with prudence, responsiveness and flexibility and will revise protocol over time.
- In an effort to maintain strict safety standards and physical distancing programs will be run outdoors when feasible, due to equipment and space requirements, class sizes will be reduced and classes will be available for registered participants only (no drop-ins permitted at this time). As the season progresses, programs will increasingly shift to indoor delivery ensuring that physical distancing and protective measures are prioritized
- To provide greater flexibility and adaptability most programs are structured for 1 month offerings.
- At this time PISE’s operational hours are 6:00am – 8:00pm Monday – Friday, please note operational hours/days and thus potential adjustment to program offerings as we re-engage with the community
- In an effort to ensure contactless payment, please register for programs through our online portal. If this is not possible, registration by phone through our welcome desk will be possible, however due to increased call volumes, online registration is the best way to secure your class spot. PH: 250.220.2510
- Participants are required to complete our updated waiver prior to participating in any program (click here for required waiver) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must self-assess and STAY HOME if they have traveled in the past 14 days OR if someone in their household is sick
- Program participants will be verbally screened using Health Canada questionnaire
- Use provided hand sanitizer before and after each session
- Participants are asked to bring a full water bottle as water fountains are disabled in the facility and access to the facility will be limited for program participants except for use of bathrooms (occupancy in bathrooms will be limited).
- Participants may be required to sign-in with personnel prior to accessing the facility to ensure adequate records are kept
- Change rooms and shower facilities are not currently available, and participants are asked to arrive in workout clothing.
- Individuals will be provided equipment that has been sanitized prior to use and will remain in their designated area (minimum of 2m x 2m to ensure extra space during physical activity), should individuals move from that spot, they will adhere to strict social distancing measures
- Disinfectant used and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information will be available on request (while this may change, PISE currently uses Oxivir Plus, a hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant that is on Health Canada’s approved list for disinfectants and has the EPA’s novel pathogen claim)
- Structured Programming involving load tracking will be digitally provided to individuals, however it is recommended individuals print off and bring it, along with a pen
- PISE has increased custodial services in the facility cleaning and sanitizing key touch points regularly
- Use of some equipment (specifically porous items) will be limited, and while mats are provided, participants are permitted to bring any equipment they would like to use, provided it is for their use only
Thank you so much for your continued patience as we all re-engage with our outstanding community!