PISE Summer 2020 COVID-19 Protocol
For your safety we are following BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC guidelines, so things are going to look a little different but still safe, friendly and fun. We will continue to approach this new process of functioning with prudence, responsiveness and flexibility and will revise protocol over time.
- In an effort to maintain strict safety standards and physical distancing all programs will be run outside, due to equipment and space requirements class sizes will be reduced and classes will be available for registered participants only (no drop-ins permitted at this time). Our organization is developing remote based programming in situations of inclement weather however this will be on a program to program basis
- At this time PISE’s operational hours are 8:00am – 8:00pm Monday – Friday, please note operational hours/days and thus potential program offerings may be adjusted as we re-engage with the community
- In an effort to ensure contactless payment, program registration is strongly recommended to occur through our online portal. Registration through our welcome desk will be possible, however due to increased call volumes, online registration is the best way to secure your class spot 250.220.2510
- PISE parking will be FREE this summer for PISE Program Participants!
- Participants will be required to complete our updated waiver prior to participating in any program (click here for required waiver) and emailed to email@example.com
- Use provided hand sanitizer before and after session
- Program Participants will be asked to meet their coach on the designated training surface maintaining social distancing of at least 2m distance apart (note: program itself will be lead with greater distancing measures)
- Program participants will be verbally screened using Health Canada questionnaire and participants will also be asked to self-assess and will STAY HOME if they have traveled in the past 14 days OR if someone in their household is sick
- Participants will be asked to bring a full water bottle as water fountains will be disabled in the facility and access to the facility will be limited for program participants except for use of bathrooms (occupancy in bathrooms will be limited).
- Participants entering the facility to use the bathroom will be required to sign in on that level to ensure accurate tracking of individuals entering the facility is maintained
- Change rooms and shower facilities are not currently available, and participants are asked to arrive in workout clothing.
- Individuals will be provided equipment that has been disinfected prior to use and will remain in their designated area (minimum of 3m x 3m to ensure extra space during physical activity), should individuals move from that spot, they will adhere to strict social distancing measures
- Disinfectant used and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information will be available on request (while this may change, PISE currently uses Oxivir Plus, a hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant that is on Health Canada’s approved list for disinfectants and has the EPA’s novel pathogen claim)
- Structured Programming involving load tracking will be digitally provided to individuals, however it is recommended individuals print off and bring it, along with a pen
- PISE will have increased custodial services in the facility cleaning and sanitizing key touch points regularly
- Use of some equipment (specifically porous items) will be limited, and while mats are provided, participants are permitted to bring any equipment they would like to use, provided it is for their use only
Thank you so much for your continued patience as we all re-engage with our outstanding community!