Build mental strength and a solid foundation for concentration, perspective and confidence – in sport and life. By enhancing your awareness of thought patterns and incorporating mental strategies into your everyday training, you’ll develop a higher level of mental strength to excel on and off the field of play.
Mental Performance Consultant Canadian Certified Counsellor
As a consultant with PISE since 2008, Christie has counselled individual athletes, performing artists, coaches, parents and teams in multiple sports ranging from recreational to professional and Olympic levels. Working in a collaborative manner, clients will learn personalized practical methods to integrate mental skills and tools into their daily training routines to enhance performance and personal growth.
A Springfield College graduate in Athletic Counselling and Psychological Services, Christie has operated her private practice for over 20 years and continues to work on her professional development to provide the best care possible for clients.
Currently, she is consulting with the Canadian Sport Institute-Pacific and Golf Canada as well. Professional memberships include the Canadian Sport Psychology Association (CSPA), the Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP), the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. She is also a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists.
Christie has offered mental training tips for blogs and newspapers, as well as provided interviews for local and national news programs. She has also been privileged to consult at several sport schools and serve as a Sport Psychology Consultant with Team Alberta for the 2007 Canada Winter Games, 2005 Canada Summer Games and 2004 Arctic Winter Games.
Ph.D. (Sport Psychology) – Mental Performance Consultant
Registered Clinical Counsellor (BCACC)
Ph.D., & M.A. – Sport Psychology
Professional Member – Canadian Sport Psychology Association (CSPA)
Dr. Bruce Pinel is an innovative and leading practitioner who has been working in the area of mental performance in a wide range of ‘high performance environments’ for almost 3 decades. Dr. Pinel’s experiences include:
- working with Canadian athletes and teams at multiple major international events including the Olympics, Paralympics, Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games, and World Championships;
- working with individuals at all age ranges of sport and athletic pursuits towards overall performance, health, and wellness;
- providing performance consulting to high-demand work environment clients & organizations;
- being part of multi-disciplinary health care teams in the area of injury rehabilitation & health management for 20 years (WSBC, LTD / IRS, ICBC, and other 3rd Party Funders);
- providing leadership and expertise as a keynote speaker at multiple conferences in both the high performance and health care fields; and
- being an Adjunct Professor (University of Victoria – School of Exercise Science, Physical & Health Education), having taught graduate and undergraduate courses in a variety of areas related to sport psychology, health, active living, and recreation.