PISE Programs Update
June 16, 2020
For your safety we are following BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC guidelines, so things are going to look a little different but still safe, friendly and fun. We will continue to approach this new process of functioning with prudence, responsiveness and flexibility and will revise protocol over time.
With that in mind we would love it if, after reading the protocol below, you could complete the following survey
- In an effort to maintain strict safety standards and physical distancing all programs will be run outside, due to equipment and space requirements class sizes will be reduced and classes will be available for registered participants only (no drop-ins permitted at this time)
- At this time PISE’s operational hours are 8:00am – 8:00pm Monday – Friday, please note that as BC continues to open up, operational hours/days and thus potential program offerings may be revised.
- In an effort to ensure contactless payment, program registration will occur either online or through our welcome desk at 250.220.2510 (stay tuned for program offerings updates in the coming weeks)
- PISE parking will be FREE this summer for PISE Program Participants!
- Use provided hand sanitizer before and after session
- Program Participants will be asked to meet their coach on the designated training surface maintaining social distancing of at least 2m distance apart (note: program itself will be lead with greater distancing measures- see below)
- Program participants will be verbally screened using Health Canada questionnaire and participants will also be asked to self-assess and will stay home STAY HOME if they have travelled in the past 14 days OR if someone in their household is sick
- Participants will be asked to bring a full water bottle as water fountains will be disabled in the facility and access to the facility will be limited for program participants except for use of bathrooms (occupancy in bathrooms will be limited).
- Change rooms and shower facilities are not currently available, and participants are asked to arrive in workout clothing.
- Individuals will be provided equipment that has been disinfected prior to use and will remain in their designated area (minimum of 4m x 4m to ensure extra space during physical activity), should individuals move from that spot, they will adhere to strict social distancing measures.
- Disinfectant used and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information will be available on request (while this may change, PISE currently uses Oxivir Plus, a hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant that is on Health Canada’s approved list for disinfectants and has the EPA’s novel pathogen claim.
- Structured Programming involving load tracking will be digitally provided to individuals, however it is recommended individuals print off and bring it, along with a pen.
- PISE will have increased custodial services in the facility cleaning and disinfecting key touch points regularly.
- Use of some equipment (specifically porous items) will be limited, and while mats are provided, participants are permitted to bring any equipment they would like to use, provided it is for their use only.
- Steps are being taken do account for inclement weather however PISE will be looking to offer remote based classes during this regularly scheduled session.
Thank you so much for your continued patience as we all re-engage with our outstanding community!
May 19, 2020 Update
With the exciting news that Island Health has rescinded their closure order for gyms and fitness facilities on Vancouver Island effective May 19th, we at PISE have initiated protocols to resume operation in the coming weeks anticipating a June re-opening. Thank you all for your continued patience during this period! We are all as excited by this update as you are, and want to continue to approach this novel health crisis, and subsequent restart with prudence, responsiveness and flexibility.
Over the following weeks, PISE will be presenting specific policy and safety protocol updates over our various platforms that we are implementing as well as further informing our community members regarding how we will be re-implementing our specific services for the near future. These modifications will follow specific recommendations provided by governing health bodies and help us to continue to take the health and safety of our clients, staff and community into consideration every step of the way.
Please continue check our website and social media channels for further updates.
In the words of our CEO Robert Bettauer
“[We are] confident in the strength of our community and know that we will rally and cooperate to help each other recover.”
We are all in this together, stay safe and active.
March 23, 2020
In consideration of the escalating situation with COVID-19 and concern for the health of our community and staff, we have made the decision to postpone all community programs effective March 17, 2020 until Further Notice. This means that we will continue to monitor details provided by both our national and international governing health bodies and update the community when it is safe to reopen our facility.
This is an unprecedented, challenging time for the world with many complexities occurring simultaneously. Our collective health and safety comes first. None of us knows how long this will take, but it will pass and then we will rejoin and rebuild with renewed energy and passion!
We are grateful for the outpouring of support for each other and our team that we have received in the past days and please follow our social media and website for outdoor and home workouts
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, and please stay safe.