We offer a variety of educational workshops throughout the year, from Physical Literacy 101 to preparing for athletic scholarships. We often collaborate with organizations like Sport for Life to bring in some informative, fun workshops.
Fast and Female Champ Chat
Fast and Female Champ Chat presented by Frontrunners and hosted by PISE in Victoria, BC
Join us for an afternoon of empowerment through sports during our Champ Chat in Victoria, BC! This Champ Chat includes an inspirational Chat and Q&A with our Fast and Female Ambassadors, yoga, autographs, and more! Participants will enjoy high quality face-to-face time with female athlete role models.
The goals of Champ Chats are:
- Socialize in a non-competitive environment.
- Be inspired by female role models.
- Experience and encourage varied physical literacy.
- Have fun! Celebrate girls and women in sport.
- Keep girls healthy, happy, and active in sports.
Fast and Female Ambassadors:
- Ambassador list coming soon!
WHO: Girls ages 8-18 years old
- Online registration closes Friday, Sept 28th at 11:59pm PST. Day of event registration is $35
- Fast and Female L.L.Bean Technical T-shirt
- Healthy Snack
- Fast and Female Autographed Poster
CHAMP CHAT SCHEDULE:
- 11:30am – Check-in / Registration / Icebreakers
- 12:00pm – Welcome to Fast and Female / Introduce Ambassadors / Group Photo
- 12:15pm – Physical Activity Circuit with Fast and Female Ambassadors
- 1:15pm – Inspirational Chat and Q&A with Fast and Female Ambassadors and Snack Break
- 2:00pm – Yoga / Dance Session
- 2:30pm – Autographs & Photos
- 3:00pm – Event Conclusion
WHAT TO BRING:
- A friend with you!
- Water bottle and healthy snacks
- Active clothing and gym shoes
- Yoga mat (optional)
Donate Today! Please consider making a donation to support Fast and Female Canada programs. Visit www.fastandfemale.com/donatenow for more details.
Athletic Taping-Sport Med BC
Certified Athletic Therapists will cover taping techniques used in a sport setting through a combination of lecture and practical sessions. Safety considerations, preventative and supportive techniques will be discussed. Participants will be introduced to procedures for the ankle, knee, hip, elbow, wrist, fingers and thumb.
Participants are encouraged to wear athletic attire during this course (Shorts and t-shirts)
*A certificate of completion will be issued. This course is approved for 7.0 BCRPA and 7.0 PE/A2 CMTBC Continuing Education Credits.
Sports First Aid-Sport Med BC
Participants are introduced to sport injury prevention and on-site management of sports related injuries. Topics covered include roles and responsibilities, emergency planning and prevention of injuries, recognition and control of life-threatening situations and common sports injuries.
*A certificate of completion will be issues. This course is approved for 3.0 NCCP PD Continuing Education Credits*
Concussion Management-Sport Med BC
Certified Athletic Therapists will lead participants through best practices in understanding brain injury, sport risk factors, prevention techniques and concussion management guidelines.
Participants will review on-field assessment techniques, the use of the Concussion Recognition Tool 5, SCAT5 tool and return to learn and return to sport protocols. Participants will be given time for sport specific questions.
*A certificate of completion will be issued. This course is approved for 2.0 BCRPA and 2.0 PE/A2 CMTBC Continuing Education Credits